Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My morning prayers

I find that my days are better when I do the following two morning prayers from the Big Book.  First, I do the third step prayer, from page 63:

"God, I offer myself to Thee-to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

Then I sometimes do the seventh step prayer from page 76:

"My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen."

It's best if I do these on my knees, but it's better to pray them without being on my knees than to not pray them at all.